Monday, June 6, 2011

On Saturday afternoon I came down with this horrible sore throat! I went from talking, eating chips, and sucking down coffee to croaking and drinking hot fluids in less than three hours. I couldn't believe how fast it hit me. By midnight the congestion in my head had grown unbearable and I decided to give-in and use a medical device my mother had given me as a birthday gift. (No I am not sick constantly, No I am not a hypochondriac) I think the original name for this device is The Netty-Pot. However, the one I have is called the NeilMed Sinus Rinse. Anyway how these things work is you pour a saline solution into luke warm water and stir it up. This mixture is then poured into a your Netty-pot, which is either in the shape of a tiny tea pot, or a round bottle like mine. With the pot you simple bend over the sink, twist you head, seal the nozzle of the pot against one of your nostrils and pour it in. The pressure from the water will force its way through the clogged up snot in your nose and drain out the other side and little may go down your throat, I know gross right? You then repeat this process with your other nostril. The one I have is actually a bottle that allows me to squeeze the saline water up my nose. I did this to hard, it came out my eye, I'm not kidding, It was horrific.

Now, I'm one of those people who hates being sick, and will do anything to overcome disease. So the idea of squirting salt water up my nose didn't sound so bad, of course the experience was worse than the imagination. It did work though, I slept sound through the night, and woke up with out that throbbing sensation between my eyes. Long story short being sick, is like seeing Rosie O'Donnell on the cover of Victoria's secret showcasing the summer bikini line...

No comments:

Post a Comment